There are many ways to volunteer to help our children and families
God calls us to serve in many ways. Let us help you pick the volunteer activity that is the best fit for you and the Presbyterian Home for Children.
Volunteer as an Individual or Group
Because of the confidential nature of our ministry, direct volunteer contact with our children may be limited. This is to protect our children and our volunteers as well. There are many opportunities for individuals, youth groups and adult groups to volunteer together on our campus. We have activities to match every age and physical ability!
- Working on campus projects such as painting or landscaping.
- Volunteering in the office to help with general administrative tasks.
- Helping at a special event.
- General Cleaning and Groundskeeping: Tight budgets each year have forced us to cut back spending in many areas, and we could use the help. Various buildings need dusting, window and floor cleaning, and more. We also need help with weeding, cleaning grounds, and landscaping projects.
- Groups are also needed to wash the interior and exterior of our agency vehicles that transport our children. We need supplies and labor for these types of projects.
Organize a Fundraiser or Host a Benefit
If you want to organize a fundraiser, no donation is too small! Whether it’s a community garage sale, spaghetti dinner, golf tournament, car wash, or bake sale, your group can help make a real difference by raising the funds we need to minister to homeless children and families. If you would like to host a benefit please see the Third Party Fundraising Application for more information.
Organize a Supply Drive
Organize a collection drive for paper products or hygiene items, snacks and juice boxes, books, or movie night items for our children and families. Providing the basic necessities for our children and families is a priority. School supplies, new underwear and socks, and non-perishable food are other great ideas for a supply drive. For more information about hosting a collection drive please contact Amanda Scott at or (256) 362-8284.